There are 319 2-hour on-street meters in Gettysburg. Located in the business district, these meters provide a maximum parking limit of 2-hours with an extra 15 minute "grace period". The short term meters in town provide two different rate options depending on where one would park, below is a list distinquishing both rates.
$1.50 per hour for maximum of two hour parking. These meters consist Lincoln Square and the first blocks of each direction exiting the square.
- Quarters - 15 minutes
- Dimes - 4 minutes
- Nickels - 2 minutes
$1.00 per hour for a maximum of two hour parking. These meters will consist of the second blocks from the square and side streets branching from the main streets.
- Quarters - 15 minutes
- Dimes - 6 minutes
Nickels - 3 minutes
Handicapped Parking spaces will have BLUE meters and Handicapped signs. Handicapped meters are $1 per hour for a maximum of two hours. Located in the Square and the first blocks of York and Carlisle Streets, Handicap Meters will be $1.50 per hour for a maximum of two hours. Any valid Handicapped Plate/ Placard displayed will receive a 1-hour grace at ANY parking meter.
Enforcement Hours: Enforcement of 2-Hour parking meters are as followed:
- Monday - Saturday: 8 AM to 8 PM
- Sundays: 1 PM to 8 PM
Free parking will be provided on marked holidays as listed on the meters. Please note any street signage that prohibits overnight parking.
|New Year's Day||Martin Luther King's Birthday||President's Day|
|Good Friday||Memorial Day||July 4th|
|Labor Day||Columbus Day||Veteran's Day|
*Please Note - Holiday Parking within the Borough is only acknowledged on the exact date the holiday falls on.
Violation: Overtime parking fines are $25.00, ($15.00 if paid 7 days of tickets issued date).
2-Hour Meter On-Street Locations:
- Lincoln Square (all four quadrants) 28 Meters. $1.50 per hour.
- Chambersburg Street (1st & 2nd blocks off Lincoln Square) 61 Meters
- 1st block of Chambersburg St, $1.50 per hour.
- 2nd block of Chambersburg St, $1.00 per hour.
- South Franklin Street (from Chambersburg Street to East Zerfing Alley) 4 Meters. $1.00 per hour.
- Carlisle Street (1st & 2nd blocks off Lincoln Square) 41 Meters
- 1st block of Carlisle St, $1.50 per hour.
- 2nd block of Carlisle St, $1.00 per hour.
- West Stevens Street (from Mummasburg Street to Carlisle Street) 12 Meters. $1.00 per hour.
- North Washington Street (from Racehorse Alley to the train tracks) 5 Meters. $1.00 per hour.
- Baltimore Street (1st, 2nd & 3rd blocks) 28 Meters
- 1st block of Baltimore St, $1.50 per hour.
- 2nd block of Balitmore St, $1.00 per hour.
- 3rd block east side (up to Wade Avenue). $1.00 per hour.
- 3rd block west side (up to Wall Alley). $1.00 per hour.
- West High Street (1st block from Balitmore Street) 20 Meters. $1.00 per hour.
- West Middle Street (1st & 2nd blocks from Baltimore Street) 27 Meters. $1.00 per hour.
- South Washington Street (from West Middle Street to West High Street) 5 Meters. $1.00 per hour.
- East Middle Street (1st block off Baltimore Street) 14 Meters. $1.00 per hour.
- East High Street (from Baltimore Street to South Stratton Street) 10 Meters. $1.00 per hour.
- Steinwehr Avenue (from Baltimore Street to South Washington Street) 14 Meters. $1.00 per hour.
- York Street (1st & 2nd blocks) 49 Meters
- 1st block of York St, $1.50 per hour.
- 2nd block north side 8 meters past South Stratton Street. $1.00 per hour.
- 2nd block south side 6 meters past South Stratton Street. $1.00 per hour.
South Stratton Street (Handicapped only) 1 Meter. $1.00 per hour.
Short Term Meters:
- Zone: 1861
- Hours of Operation:
- (8 AM - 8 PM) Monday through Saturday
- (1 PM - 8PM) Sundays
- $1.50 / Hour (Located on Lincoln Square and 1st blocks of Baltimore, York, Carlisle and Chambersburg Streets.)
- $1.00 / Hour (Located in metered areas not listed above.)
- Minimum purchase amount: 1 hour
- Maximum purchase amount: 2 hours
- Lock out Time: 15 Minutes
- Convenience Fee: $0.35
For more in depth information on Passport Parking, please click here.