The Racehorse Alley Parking Garage, 74 East Racehorse Alley, is located behind the Gettysburg Hotel and is accessible from either Carlisle or North Stratton Streets. The Garage is open and enforced 24 hours/ 7 days per week including all holidays with 356 parking spaces. Handicapped spaces are located conveniently near the exits and Kiosks. Kiosks are located on levels 1 & 2.
(PLEASE NOTE: Garage entrance clearance is 6'10")
The Parking Garage is designed to meet the unique needs of various user groups:
- Overnight hotel/bed & breakfast guests,
- Monthly Commuter Parking for workers, commuters, tenants & students,
- Short-term parking for visiting downtown Gettysburg,
- Patrons of the Majestic Theater,
- Charging Stations for electronic vehicles.
(NOTE: Please observe that the Racehorse Alley Parking Garage allows Head-in-Only Parking.)
Kiosk Machines: $1.00 per hour up to 24 hours. (Change machine located on level 2 - Kiosk machines do not give change)
- $2.00 per hour for the EV Charging Station.
Permits: Can be purchased at the Permit Store.
Passport Parking: $1.00 per hour.
The RHA Parking Garage offers three types of payment options:
Option #1: Pay-by-Space at Kiosk
- Park in any open space. (Except for sign-restricted spaces) and go directly to Kiosk machine (located on Levels 1 & 2).
- Choose between Option 1 (Vehicle parking) and Option 2 (EV charging station).
- Enter your vehicle's License Plate # and press the Green button.
- Enter your method of payment (Coin, Cash or Credit Card).
- Select Amount of Time using the Yellow Buttons. (can be pressed multiple times in 15-minute or 24-hour increments).
- Press the Green Button to complete the transaction.
- Take the receipt after it has been printed. (Receipts do not need to be displayed in vehicle after transaction).
Option #2: RHA Permits
Permits provide maximum benefits and flexibility with unlimited IN and OUT privileges inside the Racehorse Alley Parking Garage for the duration of permit. (Park in any unrestricted space at anytime).
Permits are purchased at the Gettysburg Borough's main website and use the vehicle's License Plate number in order for permit to be registered. (NOTE: Please make sure that your License Plate number and state of vehicle registration is correct when registering. Incorrect tag information can result in the vehicle receiving a parking violation.)
- When using a computer, tablet or smartphone, log on to www.gettysburgpa.gov
- Navigating to the Parking Department Page, click on the PURCHASE PERMIT ONLINE icon where you will be directed to the Permit Store.
- Select the proper Permit you wish to purchase using the Green icon.
- Fill in the Required fields *.
- Please read "Terms & Conditions" and check the box.
- Click "Confirm Payment".
- No confirmation needs to be displayed. (NOTE: If you provide your email address, an email confirmation will immediately be sent to you).
Option #3: Passport Parking
The Racehorse Alley Parking Garage also takes advantage of Passport Parking used within the Borough of Gettysburg. With signs located throughout the Garage, parking has never been easier.
RHA Parking Garage:
- Zone: 1863
- Hours of Operation: 24 Hours / 7 Days
- Cost: $1.00 / hour
- Minimum purchase amount: 1 hour
- Maximum purchase amount: 24 hours
- Lock Out Time: None
- Convenience Fee: $0.35
For more in depth information on Passport Parking, please click here.