FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Dru Anne Neil, 717-253-5786, email@example.com
Gettysburg, Pa. (Dec. 11, 2019) -- A never-seen-before in Gettysburg event kicked off this year’s A Gettysburg Christmas Festival, as a choreographed pyrotechnic and music show blasted off of the Gettysburg Heritage Center’s roof, and it was followed by a weekend of fun and holiday spirit. The festival, which took place Dec. 6-8, drew thousands of visitors from the local community and from more distant places and featured music, family activities, merchant specials, tours, contests, food trucks and more.
“The response from visitors has been amazing,” said Main Street Gettysburg President Deb Adamik. “In keeping with Main Street’s mission, we wanted this festival to showcase our wonderful, historic community while positively impacting the local economy. We wanted people to have fun and get into the holiday spirit. From what we’re hearing, we accomplished our goals.”
Main Street Gettysburg presented the event with main support from the Gettysburg Heritage Center in partnership with the Gettysburg Nature Alliance, New Leaf Paper and FutureStake Inc.
Highlights of the festival included:
- The Snowflake Soiree kickoff event that featured choreographed pyrotechnics and music
- Three main stages offering free entertainment such as music and contests
- A human foosball game on Lincoln Square
- Santa’s Jolly Drinks tent featuring festival-only specialty drinks
- Shopping specials from merchants
- A rare concert held inside the historic Adams County Courthouse
- More than 100 events hosted by local churches, nonprofits and other businesses
- Food trucks and vendors.
“We’re hearing that people are already making reservations for next year’s festival,” said Adamik. “We are so thrilled to be able to present an event that is becoming a new tradition for Gettysburg and its visitors. We thank all of our volunteers, sponsors and visitors for coming together to make this such a successful weekend.”
Visitor comments have included:
- “I do not see how you can possibly top this year, but I am looking forward to it. We have told friends how awesome it was, and they are interested in coming with us next year.” –Irene W.
- “…this year was better than last. We already booked a room for next year.” –Missy M.
- “We had so much fun. It was lovely and we were definitely feeling the Christmas spirit.” –Lauren C.
- “Last year was great. This year was awesome!!!! Can’t wait until next year.” –Tim P.
- “The festival was wonderful. So much to do , the town decorations were beautiful. Loved the food truck options, kid games and plenty of restrooms available. Great job, Gettysburg.” –Tara S.
Next year’s festival takes place Dec. 4-6, 2020.
A Gettysburg Christmas Festival
The Gettysburg Heritage Center “A Gettysburg Christmas Festival,” presented by Main Street Gettysburg with support from the Gettysburg Nature Alliance, New Leaf Paper and FutureStake Inc., will take place Dec. 6-8, 2019. Presented by Main Street Gettysburg in cooperation with event sponsors, the event will attract residents and visitors and will foster a sense of community, will highlight Gettysburg’s historic significance and small-town feel, and will have a positive economic impact on the town. www.AGettysburgChristmasFestival.com #GettysburgChristmas
Main Street Gettysburg
Main Street Gettysburg, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization committed to the preservation and revitalization of historic Gettysburg for the benefit of its citizens, businesses and visitors. www.mainstreetgettysburg.org
Gettysburg Heritage Center
The Gettysburg Heritage Center is the headquarters and hub for Gettysburg activities and information and features a museum focused on Gettysburg’s civilians, an award-winning orientation map program produced by the American Battlefield Trust, a popular gift shop and bookstore, several tour options (Licensed Battlefield Guides, bus, scoot coupe, horse, carriage, iPad), special events and visitor information. It features ample free parking and is within close walking distance of restaurants, hotels, the Soldiers’ National Cemetery and key portions of the battlefield. www.GettysburgHeritage.org #GettysburgStartsHere #DoItAllFromHere
Gettysburg Nature Alliance
The Gettysburg Nature Alliance, a non-profit organization, takes action to achieve real-world impact on the education about, preservation of and visitor engagement with Gettysburg and our collective natural and historic resources. www.gettysburgnature.org #OneHabitatOneHeritage
New Leaf Paper
The mission of New Leaf Paper is to be the leading national source for environmentally responsible, economically sound paper. We supply paper with the greatest environmental benefit while meeting the business needs of our customers. Our goal is to inspire — through our success — a fundamental shift toward sustainability in the paper industry. New Leaf Paper is proud to be a founding Delaware Public Benefit Corporation, choosing to support business that aligns with our values. And as a founding B Corporation, New Leaf Paper is held to comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards. FutureStake Inc. is the parent company of New Leaf Paper. www.newleafpaper.com